Sunday, September 20, 2009

Petroglyphs

While I'm posting my pictures and narrative about my adventures before/during/after the tour, I am also planning on writing about local sections, volunteers and the ACS from a tour speaker and volunteer perspective. But on with the pictures:


Petroglyph National Monument is stunning. I hiked and hiked and hiked. The West is full of wonder and excitement compared to central Illinois.


This is the western edge of the monument - Three Sisters Volcanoes. The Rio Grande is an active rift valley. Sandia (east) was formed by uplift. The three sisters are part of a chain of cinder cones formed 150 millions years ago. They are sacred to native peoples.


Family: please note the obligatory reflection in self-portraits.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Picture of you. Hope you take these days to enjoy yourself and relax..

    ReplyDelete